ASD is a non-government health systems research and development organisation based in Islamabad.
We work to improve the quality and efficiency of public and private sector health care systems in a developing country context.
We have extensive experience of carrying out multiple operational research activities to inform national programme decisions, as well as global discussions on the feasibility and effectiveness of health interventions.
We work in partnership with national institutions and disease control programmes, as well as international teaching and research institutions, and development partners.
Our most recent projects focus on:
- developing and piloting an intervention for quality diagnosis and treatment of hepatitis-C at secondary level public hospitals in Punjab; and
- developing and evaluating the intervention for hepatitis-B vaccination of selected at-risk groups at primary and secondary level public health facilities in Punjab.
Our previous COMDIS-HSD projects are:
- The effectiveness and feasibility of hospital and community-based care delivery for MDR-TB in Pakistan
- Delivering enhanced cardiovascular disease and hypertension care through private health care facilities in Pakistan
- Enhanced diabetes and cardiovascular disease management through primary health care in Pakistan
- Strengthening the delivery of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease care at primary health care facilities in Pakistan
Visit our projects for our findings resources from these studies.