HERD is an independent, non-profit NGO established by a group of skilled professionals with considerable experience in health systems and social development.
We aim to promote quality of life of people, especially of women, the poor and excluded, by delivering feasible and effective health service interventions.
As well as being a key partner of COMDIS-HSD, we are also one of the sub-recipients of funding for the TB component of the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria.
Our objective is to contribute development, implementation and scale up evidence-based and cost-effective interventions in health and social sector. We support government initiatives aimed at poverty reduction in line with the Millennium Development Goals and targets, and have played a pivotal role in drafting the new Urban Healthcare Policy of Nepal.
Our current COMDIS-HSD project is:
- Feasibility of implementing a capacity enhancement model for basic health service delivery in selected municipalities of Nepal
Our completed COMDIS-HSD projects are:
- Improving supervision and patient support for drug resistant TB patients in Nepal
- Developing a national strategy to deliver essential health care services in urban areas of Nepal
- Media workshops on urban health
- Developing a behaviour change intervention for tobacco cessation in Nepal
Visit Our projects for our findings and resources from these studies.