ARK Foundation is non-government, non-political and not-for-profit organisation. It works closely with government organisations, national and international NGOs, development partners and universities to achieve its vision and mission. ARK Foundation aims to accelerate the process of socio-economic development of Bangladesh through research, new knowledge and evidence-based solutions to create a positive impact on human life, especially for women, children and underprivileged groups.
BRAC works to combat poverty in 70,000 villages and 2,000 slums, and reaches three quarters of the entire population with an integrated package of services for rural and urban communities. We employ more than 100,000 people – microfinance officers, teachers, health staff and enterprise managers – to be on the very doorstep of the poorest families making our services accessible, relevant and adaptable.
Our current COMDIS-HSD project is:
- Development of a psycho-social support intervention for people with multi-drug resistant tuberculosis and co-morbid depression in Bangladesh: a feasibility study
Our completed COMDIS-HSD projects are:
- Improving primary health care using community clinics in rural Bangladesh
- Improving the diagnosis and treatment of CVD, diabetes and related conditions through primary healthcare in Bangladesh
- Assessing the effectiveness of using Public-Private Partnerships to improve family planning services in Bangladesh
- Training community health workers to provide care for non-communicable diseases in Bangladesh
Visit Our projects for all our findings and resources from these studies.